Type 301 9 3/4" Sashimi Knife Chef Knife designed by F.A. Porsche.
The Type 301 9 3/4" Sashimi Knife is a long thin knife of the Japanese kitchen. The Sashimi knife is to prepare sashimi, sliced raw fish and seafood. The length of the knife is suitable to fillet medium-sized fish.
The handle of the CHROMA type 301 – Design by F.A. Porsche is constructed of stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle – designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal “pearl” that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry
Note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.
Used by many top contenders Bocuse d' Or 2005 and 2007 in Lyon France.