The Haiku Kurouchi 6 3/4 inch Yasai-Giri Knife is a Japanese cleaver. Used for splitting or "cleaving" meat and bone. A cleaver may be distinguished from a kitchen knife of similar shape by the fact that it has a heavy blade that is thick from the spine to quite near the edge. The edge is sharply-beveled and the bevel is typically convex. The knife is designed to cut with a swift stroke without cracking, splintering or bending the blade.
The Kurouchi cnife is, so far, the only knife which fully meets the strict requirements of the CHROMA inspectors for a TAKUMI cnife without being manufactured in SAKAI.
The features of the Haiku Kurouchi 6 3/4 inch Yasai-Giri Knife:
- 6 3/4 inch high-grade steel blade
- Glazed black magnolia hardwood handle
- Stainless Steel bolster
- Meguki stainless steel pin insert
- Heavy Blade and thick spine
- Traditional Japanese Cleaver shape
- Crafted after the manor of the Japanese Samurai sword
- Produced from extremely hard blue AOKO steel
- Optimal hardness of 61 HRC
- Designed for fast and easy sharpening
- Stable handle design
- Made in Japan
- Look for the falcon, the sign of Japanese HAIKU quality